Sunday, September 30, 2012

2 Dimensinal Design (My Face)

The progress for my self portrait during 2 dimensional design class.

Warm up activity
Doing the portrait, the First things that we need to do is sketching ourselves.
Portrait doesn't means have to look as same as the picture.
Portrait is represent my personality, expression on my face and even the mood.

The instruction of self portrait is we cannot using method of painting, sculpting, tracing, collage ..
just using natural elements to complete our own portrait.''O.O

The Natural Elements that I used

  • Red or green beans
     
  • pasta noodles
     
  • flowers
     
  • leaves
     
  • black glutinous rice
     
  • Ferraro rocher

Going through the activity, I learned that doing the portrait was harder than I think
we have to create and understanding of Space for the elements we used to.
For instance, as we know different types of material, of course have different types of size.
so, we have to find a ways to create the space of elements between one another and as can show the details clearly on every parts of your face.
As well as create a line or curve on our face.
Just make full used that what I'm learned from Principle of design like Line, Shape, Colour, Texture.

Colour and Texture should join together. It can blending out the colour in the texture and at the same time possible to 'sharpen' the texture.
I'm still remember what Mr Sean said to us, ''try to feel the texture and observe the elements around us and try to put into our projects or assignments. It can help us a lot in design.''

That properly YES!!!

Let see my own Portrait. ENJOY =)




F.I.N.A.L

No comments:

Post a Comment